Hello, we are Inga, Martin and baby Kalle (born in spring 2023) and are just starting our home exchange journey here. Inga has already been home exchanging with her family as a child and has always hugely enjoyed immersing herself into the host culture by staying in an actual home rather that a hotel or holiday apartment.
We are currently having some time off work to look after Kalle and are looking into a couple of stays abroad. We would love to find somewhere in Southern Europe (Southern Spain or Southern Italy) in October, ideally for 2-3 weeks.
A little bit about us: We love hiking and the seaside - ideally hiking ALONG the seaside :) After a nice hike, we like seeking out spots with great drink (good wine and craft beer) and interesting local food. We are interested in art, music and exploring the independent shops of our destinations.
Dag bisiklet sporu,
Yoga / meditasyon,
Teacher, Market Researcher
Sigaraya izin verilmez
Çocuk kabul edilir
Araba degisimi önerilmedi
|2 Eki 2023 - 31 Eki 2023||Europe | Spain | Italy|
Degisim için önerdigimiz ev hakkinda
* More pictures to follow*
We, that is myself (Inga), Martin and baby Kalle are living in a small Victorian Terraced House near Willesden Junction Station.
Our house has a living room, a kitchen and a bathroom (with bathtub) on the ground floor. Upstairs, we have one bedroom with a double bed and an en-suite bathroom as well as a guest room / office / baby nursery, which has a sofa bed suitable for 2 people to sleep on. This room currently also has a baby cot, which fits babies / children up to the age of 5(ish).
We have a little garden at the back with seating opportunities and a hammock (my favourite spot for relaxing).
2 veya çok katlı müstakil/ ikametgah
Semtimiz ve çevremiz hakkinda
We have brilliant and quick public transport access to Central London (Bakerloo Line, 20 mins to Oxford Circus) as well as North and East London (Overground towards Islington, 25 mins; Hackney, 30 mins; and the Olympic Park in Stratford, 40 mins).
Nearby, we have:
- Willesden Junction Station (underground and overground; 10 min walk to platform); busses towards Paddington Station, Little Venice, Regent's Park and Euston as well as a busses towards Shepherd's Bush, Hammersmith and the Thames
- Tesco's supermarket (7 min walk)
- Harlesden High Street with pharmacies, a drugstore, a health food shop and lots of little corner shops (5 min walk)
- Royal Oak, a lovely pub at the end of our street (4 min walk)
- parks: Roundwood park (10 min walk; lovely landscaped gardens, playground, café),
King Edward VII park (10 min walk; large grassy area to sit in the sun or play ball games, has an indoor swimming pool)
Queen's Park (30 min walk; great café, large playground, landscaped gardens, small mini golf course)
- Kensal Rise / Chamberlayne Road (20 min walk: shops, cafés, pubs)
- Kensal Rise / College Road (10 min walk; small shops, Sonora Café, Morty and Bob's Café and Bar, health food store)
- Queen's Park High Street / Salusbury Road (35 min walk; lovely independent shops, supermarkets, cafés, pubs and a beautiful farmers' market on Sundays)
- Notting Hill (45 min walk): Golborne Road for great cafés (Layla Bakery, Lowry & Baker) and many small independent shops, before hitting Portobello Road
Ev dışı etkinlikler
Toplu taşıma duraklarına çok yakın
Evimizde kalirken gitmek için yerler ve şeyler için ipuçlari
See neighbourhood section; other places of interest that are easy to get to are:
- Wembley Stadium
- Regent's Park
- Hampstead Heath: a huge park that brings a countryside feeling, with amazing views of London and Kenwood House plus café as a nice walking destination
- Southbank (Bakerloo line stop 'Embankment', then cross the river via footbridge): a buzzing culture centre including the brilliant Hayward Gallery, a skatepark, many bars and restaurants as well as a food market on Saturdays; great location to start a walk along the river Thames towards the east (you will be passing: Globe Theatre, Tate Modern, St Paul's Cathedral (opposite side of the river), Borough Market, Tower Bridge)
- Richmond (overground): for riverside walks, views of the river from Richmond Hill (take a pint out from the Roebuck and enjoy the view from one of the benches), walk through the vastness that is Richmond park and spot the herd of free roaming deer
En begendigimiz restoranlar
Kafe ve Barlar
Özel alisveris yerleri
Bos vakitler ve kültürel etkinlikler
Yürüyüs ve kosu parkurlari
Saglikli yasam kulüpleri
Ilginç günlük geziler
Nelerden hoşlanırız, hoşlanmayiz, ev kurallarimiz
As we will look after your house and belongings with care, we trust that you will be doing the same.
Before leaving the house, please make sure that all windows and the back door are closed /locked.