Our home, which we lovingly call "Mirada", overlooks downtown Colorado Springs from the secluded foothills in the Broadmoor community. Mirada is nestled between two worlds, the city and the mountains.
The house -
Our house is built in the Santa Fe style, blending with its environment in the Rocky Mountain foothills. The house offers a fully equipped kitchen, three bedrooms, three full bathrooms,exercise room and video room. The house has four Kiva gas fireplaces and one wood burning fireplace. Front and back porches provide wonderful settings to share a glass of wine or enjoy an outdoor meal cooked on the BBQ.
Our home is located in the lower foothills above the renowned Brodmoore Resort; the resort is just a crisp walk away. Downtown Colorado Springs is a 10 minute drive.
Our home provides easy access to the many attractions in and around Colorado Springs.
Few areas offer the number and variety of visitor attractions offered in and around Colorado Springs. Here are some attractions you might consider.
In the immediate area around the house:
- Seven Falls , a picturesque park centered on stunning waterfalls and zip lines high above
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun
- The Broadmoor Resort, it's 5 restaurants, it's magnificent Western art and top golf courses.
- North Cheyenne Canyon Park, the Starsmores Discovery Center and hiking trails
- World class mountain biking
In the area:
- Garden of the Gods, a national natural landmark.
- Pikes Peak - enjoy the views from 14000 feet
- Manitou Springs
- US Airforce Academy and chapel
- US Olympic Training Center
- Red Rocks Canyon - world class hiking
- Old Colorado City
- Cripple Creek mining town
- Rock climbing at Shelf road
- Fly fishing including gold medal 11 Mile Canyon and the "DreamStream"
- Royal Gorge
A little further away:
- Denver 1 hr 15 min
- Breckenridge 2.5 hours
- Vail 3 hours
Casa a due o più piani/ Seconda casa