Our apartment is ideally located in the center of Paris, minutes by foot from major museums (Le Louvre, Beaubourg, ...), monuments (Notre-Dame, Opéra, Sainte-Chapelle, ...), shopping areas (Les Halles, Les Grands Boulevards), theater district, major metro and bus stations, in the authentic food market district of Paris (lots of restaurants and traditional food stores).
The apartment is at the third floor in a 18th century building (well maintained), in the back of a court : so it's very quiet, even in the middle of the city. But, sorry for that, the old stairs and no elevator will not give access for people having walking disability.
You will find :
- the bedroom, with a queen size bed, in the back of the apartment (even more quiet)
- the bathroom, with a bathtub, shower, and even a washing machine
- the toilets, apart from the bathroom
- the kitchen, fully equipped with oven, refrigerator (European size), microwave, coffee machine, ... Feel free to cook at home what you have bought in the street.
- the main room with a dining area, sofa and TV, and a desk area with computer.
- an additional room is used currently as a storage area, and will be converted later in an additional room. You may use it to store your luggage.
PC, printer/scanner, Internet and Wifi connections are available.
Audio and video system includes TV with international channels, DVD Blue-ray reader, ...
Telephone is free for main European destinations, and major international destination (USA, Canada, ...).
You will also find lots of books about Paris. Note that most of the points of interest are less than 30 minutes by foot.
However, Metro (line 3) and one bicycle rental station (Vélib) are at the corner and the largest metro station of Paris is less than 10 minute walk.
The apartment is ideal for four guests (1 bdouble bed + 1 convertible sofa). An additional mattress can be used for one additional guest, or a kid.
Should you need assistance : Our daughter Annabelle lives in the suburbs of Paris, works in Paris in the tourism area, and is fluent in English.