Opglabbeek is a part of the town Oudsbergen. We live very close to "the national park hoge Kempen” and “the duinengordel” with unic landdunes, some creeks and brooks. A lot of possibilities for biking and walking on the cycle route networks. The capital of the province Limburg is Hasselt.20 Km. Maastricht (Nl) is 20Km. Genk is 10 Km. Achen Germany is 35 Km.
Very good bus connections to train station in Genk or Hasselt.
The border between the Netherlands and Belgium is formed by the river Maas, a beautiful area.
If you want a relaxing holiday with some biking, walking, and visiting unexpecting nice city's, you have to come to this area.
< 1/2 h
- National Park Hoge Kempen
- forest with kids playground
- outdoor swimming pool Willem Tell and the wouterbron.
- communal swimming pool
- carting (outside)
- Center parc Erperheide Peer
- Bokrijk, open air museum, how people lived 150 years ago.
* 1/2h - 1h
- Valkenier (amusement park for kids <12)
- Gaia park (Zoo)
- Mondo Verde (large park with fauna and flora from all over the world)
- Tongeren, oldest city of Belgium, Gallo-Roman museum
-Antwerp, Brussels, Leuven, Gent, Bruges.